The past few weeks I have been struggling with work and personal balance and realize that although I am affected by this, others close to me struggle with it as well. Common factors that some of us share is not taking time out for ourselves, not finding ways to relax, and taking on additional responsibilities within the household.
The main reason I struggle to find balance is that I am guilty for not prioritizing my time wisely. I realized that I needed to find ways to balance my work and personal life so I wouldn’t feel overwhelmed. In an article I read online, one of the useful tips was creating a schedule. I have never attempted to have my routine on a schedule, but I think that it is worth giving it a try.
Here are some other helpful tips on a better work-life balance.
- Build downtime into your schedule. It is important to take time out of your schedule to make time for your friends and family and be able to re-energize.
- Drop activities that sap your time or energy. Don’t spend time on places, things, or people that do not add value. Sometimes it is easy to get sidetracked and then next thing you know time was wasted.
- Rethink your errands. Find opportunities to limit yourself from doing unnecessary tasks.
- Get moving. Don’t sit around and wait for things to be done.
- Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way. Look into a little summer getaway or something as simple as alone time.
These are some great tips to try if you are someone like myself who struggles with finding balance with everyday responsibilities. I know that there have been plenty of moments where I have wasted time on unnecessary things. I am excited to implement these tips into my everyday life and hopefully they can help someone else achieve balance.